Simply follow the steps below:
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust to your liking and set aside.
- In a medium bowl place the snapper, ginger, spring onion, garlic, sesame oil & soy sauce, mix to combine, season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dumplings place 1 tsp of filling in the centre of a dumpling wrapper. Brush the edges with egg white and fold the wrapper over to make a half circle. Pinch the edges together to seal it. Place on a lightly floured baking tray and repeat until all the filling is used up. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to the boil. Place 6-8 dumplings at a time into the boiling water and boil for approx 3 minutes or until the dumpling starts to float. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once hot place the boiled dumplings into the hot pan and cook until golden on both sides. Repeat the last 2 steps until all your dumplings are cooked.
- Serve on a platter with dipping sauce and watch them disappear. ENJOY!
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 fillets of snapper, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 Tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 packet dumpling wrappers - purchased from countdown